Friday, February 16, 2007

The bear pits of Bern


Well, I don't like them much... but here's one half of the bear pits in Bern, with a bear to be seen.

I wouldn't feel very good about having something like this in my home town, but visitors certainly do seem to love it.

As you can probably imagine, the bearpits are the focus of a lot of debate here. But I don't want to politicise on this blog, so enough already.

Take a look at this picture for another snippet of info on the Bern bear pits.

3 comments:

Z said...

I hope the plans to move them to a better/nicer location work out. I find it quite a shame, and wonder why it's so popular.

Anonymous said...

I think it's only popular for tourists, and then only because of the history involved, and the face that its a "must-see". None of the locals I know, such as me, support it.

DesiDirectory said...

Dear, Friend
Switzerland is one of the most mountainous countries of Europe. More than 70

percent of its area is covered by the Alps, in the central and southern regions, and

the Jura, in the northwest. The Swiss Alps are part of the largest mountain

system in Europe and are famous for their jagged peaks and steep-sided

valleys.Fantastic routes, breathtaking vistas: experiences that await the traveler

on the Glacier-Express from St. Moritz to Zermatt, across 291 bridges and through

91 tunnels, and on the William Tell-Express from Lucerne to Lugano/Locarno,

first by ship and then by train.
Please Visit For more Detail
http://desidirectory.com/desi-indian-blogs/